[Debian-eeepc-devel] Eee 1000HE

Alessandro Pellizzari alex at amiran.it
Fri Feb 27 11:22:36 UTC 2009

Il giorno ven, 27/02/2009 alle 12.04 +0100, Robert Epprecht ha scritto:
> Alessandro Pellizzari <alex at amiran.it> writes:
>
> > I would like to buy one, but I couldn't figure out if the famous Super
> > Hybrid Engine needs a dedicated driver or if it is simply a certain
> > configuration of energy saving settings already supported by the Linux
> > kernel.
>
> Don't know the 1000HE nor what the 'famous Super Hybrid Engine' does, but
> there is cpufrequtils to set the cpu in on-demand mode. Works well with the
> atom cpu.

Yes, I know. :)

But as the Eee 1000HE should reach 9.5 hours thanks to the S.H.E., and
it seems Asus only sells it with XP, I was looking for info on this
particular technology with Linux.

I heard the 1000HE has been sold for some days in the US and maybe other
countries, and was hoping someone tried Linux on it.

Thanks.
Bye.

--
Alessandro Pellizzari