[Debian-eeepc-devel] Eee 1000HE

Michael Pobega pobega at gmail.com
Fri Feb 27 14:43:03 UTC 2009

On Fri, Feb 27, 2009 at 12:22:36PM +0100, Alessandro Pellizzari wrote:
> Il giorno ven, 27/02/2009 alle 12.04 +0100, Robert Epprecht ha scritto:
> > Alessandro Pellizzari <alex at amiran.it> writes:
> >
> > > I would like to buy one, but I couldn't figure out if the famous Super
> > > Hybrid Engine needs a dedicated driver or if it is simply a certain
> > > configuration of energy saving settings already supported by the Linux
> > > kernel.
> >
> > Don't know the 1000HE nor what the 'famous Super Hybrid Engine' does, but
> > there is cpufrequtils to set the cpu in on-demand mode. Works well with the
> > atom cpu.
>
> Yes, I know. :)
>
> But as the Eee 1000HE should reach 9.5 hours thanks to the S.H.E., and
> it seems Asus only sells it with XP, I was looking for info on this
> particular technology with Linux.
>
> I heard the 1000HE has been sold for some days in the US and maybe other
> countries, and was hoping someone tried Linux on it.
>
> Thanks.
> Bye.

The problem with the newer models is that most of the devs who wanted to
work on this project already own, I'd imagine, between one and three
EeePCs. Asus has come out with roughly 14 Eee models, so I doubt they're
going to be tested a week or so after the release.

As for an answer, use a Linux LiveCD to see how it works. A lot of the
time when companies come out with 'new technology' they give it some
cool sounding name, but it's really all on the hardware level; so it may
end up being that Linux doesn't even HAVE TO support it.

--
		  http://pobega.wordpress.com
		    http://identica/pobega