[Debian-eeepc-devel] Debian lenny on ASUS Eee PC 1000H

Raphael Geissert atomo64+debian at gmail.com
Tue Jan 6 20:15:57 UTC 2009

Hi,

Luca Capello wrote:

>    c. There are no OSD notifications for brightness changes.

That is because the change is performed by the hardware, but by
reading /etc/acpi/actions/hotkey.sh it looks like somebody already started to
work on the notif.

>    e. Some softkeys on the 1000H model are different from the
>       "standard" ones [3]:
>
>         F3  -> empty
>         F4  -> empty
>         F5  -> brightness decrease
>         F6  -> brightness increase
>         F7  -> blank screen (like SOFTBTN1)
>         F8  -> switch screen
>         F9  -> task manager
>         F10 -> sound mut
>         F11 -> sound decrease
>         F12 -> sound increase

Right, but the right config is:

FnF6='NONE'
FnF7='handle_mute_toggle'
FnF8='handle_volume_down'
FnF9='handle_volume_up'

> 2) wireless
>
>    a. The switch (Fn+F2) works out of the box, but not disabling it
>       through the sysfs value

Actually, last time I tried I could only get wireless off but never on again
(pressing the button caused the wireless option to be disabled in the bios).

> 3) Webcam, bluetooth and SD card reader work out of the box.  The same
>    applies to suspend/hibernate, tested from GNOME.

Does your microphone work? I haven't managed to make it work.

Cheers,
--
Raphael Geissert - Debian Maintainer
www.debian.org - get.debian.net