[Debian-eeepc-devel] Elantech drivers in kernel 2.6.28

Valtteri Vuorikoski vuori at sci.fi
Sun Jan 11 11:25:26 UTC 2009

On Jan 5, 2009, at 3:16 AM, Michael Pobega wrote:

> A) when going slowly on the touchpad, the mouse moves extremely slowly
> and unsmoothly.
> B) tapping DOES NOT WORK WELL. I need to tap hard and three~four times
> before a single tap is registered by the system.
>
> Anyone have any xorg setup that fixes this? I'd post mine now but I'm
> not in X...If anyone else finds interest in this topic I'll post
> what I
> am using thus far (overall works well, minus these two problems)

I'm using patched Debian kernel and lenny Xorg and seriously had
problem A when I first applied the patch. Based on /usr/doc/xserver-
xorg-input-synaptics/README.alps, I added the appended section to my
xorg.conf.

I didn't see problem B. Have you looked at the output from "synclient -
m 10"? The "f" column indicates the number of fingers detected and "z"
is pressure on the trackpad. Pressure is always either 0 or 128 for
me; if it has actual pressure values on newer kernel/X, you might need
to tune FingerLow/High.

Section "InputDevice"
         Identifier      "Trackpad"
         Driver          "synaptics"
         Option          "CorePointer"
         Option          "AlwaysCore" "on"
         Option          "Device" "/dev/psaux"
         Option          "Protocol" "auto-dev"
         Option          "SHMConfig" "on"

# From README.alps
   Option        "LeftEdge"              "120"
   Option        "RightEdge"             "850"
   Option        "TopEdge"               "120"
   Option        "BottomEdge"            "650"
   Option        "FingerLow"             "14"
   Option        "FingerHigh"            "15"
   Option        "MaxTapTime"            "180"
   Option        "MaxTapMove"            "110"
   Option        "EmulateMidButtonTime"  "75"
   Option        "EdgeMotionMinSpeed"    "200"
   Option        "EdgeMotionMaxSpeed"    "200"
   Option        "UpDownScrolling"       "1"

# Customizations
   Option        "CircularScrolling"     "0"
   Option        "VertScrollDelta"       "30"
   Option        "HorizScrollDelta"      "30"
   Option        "VertTwoFingerScroll"   "1"
   Option        "HorizTwoFingerScroll"  "1"
   Option        "VertEdgeScroll"        "1"
   Option        "HorizEdgeScroll"       "0"
   Option        "MinSpeed"              "0.1"
   Option        "MaxSpeed"              "0.9"
   Option        "AccelFactor"           "0.06"
   Option        "TapButton2"            "3"
   Option        "TapButton3"            "2"
   Option        "RTCornerButton"        "0"
   Option        "RBCornerButton"        "0"
   Option        "CornerCoasting"        "0"
   Option        "CoastingSpeed"         "0"
EndSection