[Debian-eeepc-devel] Wifi on eeepc 900 and Debian Lenny

zongo saiba zongosaiba at gmail.com
Mon Jan 19 19:36:33 UTC 2009

Hi Guys,
I just installed Debian Lenny on my eeepc recently. Everything works great
but a few glitches.
The wifi hangs on me when I hibernate and resume. Plus, I lose my wifi
connection on resume.

I have tried to use the script below to sort me out but no result. I still
lose my wifi connection when I resume from hibernate. Most of all, it takes
for ever to go to hibernate or to resume hibernation. I get this message
before going into hibernation

pciehp: device 0000:03:00.0 already exists at 3:0 cannot hot-add
cannot hot-add device 0*3:0

now I understand that this is not an error message but that message is
annoying. Most of all, the eeepc is lagging a great a lot and I suppose that
it is due to whatever is happening behind that message.
Is there anyways I could get rid of that  message and make the hibernation
and resume process faster?

I did try those two lines as well
echo "pciehp" >> /etc/modules
echo "options pciehp pciehp_force=1" >> /etc/modprobe.d/pciehp
Now from my understanding (could be wrong), Linux doesn't
support hot-plug using natives drivers OS. Those lines didn't sort my
problem either. I still got the same message with a massive waiting time  on
hibernation and resume and still lost my wifi connection.

I looked at ' sh -x /etc/acpi/actions/wireless.sh on' --> everything seems
to be loading fine.

Any help or suggestion is much appreciated of course and I thank you all in
advance.

case $1 in
  hibernate|suspend)
    ;;
  thaw|resume)
    ifconfig ath0 down
    modprobe -r ath_pci
    modprobe ath_pci
    ifconfig ath0 up
    ;;
  help)
    echo "$( basename $0 ): Reinitializes wireless (ath_pci module) after a
suspend"
    ;;
  *)
    echo "$( basename $0 ): called wrong"