[Debian-eeepc-devel] Wifi on eeepc 900 and Debian Lenny

Glenn Saberton gsaberton at foomagic.org
Wed Jan 21 01:32:49 UTC 2009

zongo saiba wrote:
> Hi Guys,
>
> I just installed Debian Lenny on my eeepc recently. Everything works
> great but a few glitches.
> The wifi hangs on me when I hibernate and resume. Plus, I lose my wifi
> connection on resume.
>
> I have tried to use the script below to sort me out but no result. I
> still lose my wifi connection when I resume from hibernate. Most of all,
> it takes for ever to go to hibernate or to resume hibernation. I get
> this message before going into hibernation
>
> pciehp: device 0000:03:00.0 already exists at 3:0 cannot hot-add
> cannot hot-add device 0*3:0
>
> now I understand that this is not an error message but that message is
> annoying. Most of all, the eeepc is lagging a great a lot and I suppose
> that it is due to whatever is happening behind that message.
> Is there anyways I could get rid of that  message and make the
> hibernation and resume process faster?
>
> I did try those two lines as well
> echo "pciehp" >> /etc/modules
> echo "options pciehp pciehp_force=1" >> /etc/modprobe.d/pciehp
> Now from my understanding (could be wrong), Linux doesn't
> support hot-plug using natives drivers OS. Those lines didn't sort my
> problem either. I still got the same message with a massive waiting time
>  on hibernation and resume and still lost my wifi connection.
>
> I looked at ' sh -x /etc/acpi/actions/wireless.sh on' --> everything
> seems to be loading fine.
>
> Any help or suggestion is much appreciated of course and I thank you all
> in advance.
>
> case $1 in
>   hibernate|suspend)
>     ;;
>   thaw|resume)
>     ifconfig ath0 down
>     modprobe -r ath_pci
>     modprobe ath_pci
>     ifconfig ath0 up
>     ;;
>   help)
>     echo "$( basename $0 ): Reinitializes wireless (ath_pci module)
> after a suspend"
>     ;;
>   *)
>     echo "$( basename $0 ): called wrong"
>     exit 1
>     ;;
> esac
>
> zongo saiba

Hi,
	Normally the pciehp module option fixes those hangs. The
eeepc-acpi-scripts should also install a file in /etc/modprobe.d with
the options. Check to make sure you have it, and if not see what version
your acpi scripts are. Have the option in two files I don't think would
cause your problem, but make sure you only have it in one file to be
sure. Otherwise I cant think of why it is hanging for you.

Cheers

Glenn