[Debian-eeepc-devel] Debian EEE, the 701, and SD card reader kernel bug

mpb mpb.mail at gmail.com
Sat Jan 24 23:55:11 UTC 2009

Hi debian-eeepc-devel,

[Is this the correct mailing list for the following questions?]

In mid December I installed Debian EEE on an Asus EEE 701.  The
installation was successful, but the Debian testing distribution had
upgraded to a new kernel version that contained a bug that prevented
the 701's SD card from functioning.  I forget the exact error message,
but I tracked it down at the time (mid December) and there were clear
reports blaming the the testing distribution's new kernel version for
the problem.  (I subsequently installed Ubuntu EEE 8.04.1 because I
needed a working SD card reader.)

Has this Debian EEE kernel bug been fixed?  (I guess the bug could
either be fixed in the Debian testing distribution, or it could be
fixed in Debian EEE if Debian EEE started providing a custom kernel.)

Unrelatedely, does anyone know if the EEE 701 contains a hardware
sound mixer/volume control?  I have been unable to control the 701's
playback volume level with "aumix", leading me to believe that the EEE
does not have a hardware volume control, and that instead the 701
relies on software volume control.

Thanks!

-mpb