[Debian-eeepc-devel] patch for GSM toggle

Thiemo Nagel thiemo.nagel at ph.tum.de
Fri Jul 10 11:52:15 UTC 2009

Darren Salt wrote:
>>> Could you test for rfkill support in kernel 2.6.31-rc2 or a backport of
>>> eeepc-laptop, and alter your patch accordingly? It looks like support is
>>> present via an rfkill device named "eeepc-wwan3g" (but I can't test this),

I can see the device but not access it (reported it already to the
eeepc-laptop maintainer):

eee:/# cat /sys/class/rfkill/rfkill2/name
eeepc-wwan3g
eee:/# echo 0 > /sys/class/rfkill/rfkill2/state
bash: echo: write error: Operation not permitted

Nevertheless I've updated the patch to use rfkill if available plus a
few minor changes.

> (No need to Cc. I set M-F-T for that reason.)

which icedove honours, which confused me, and let me add your name
manually... ;-)

Kind regards,

Thiemo
--
| Dipl.-Phys. Thiemo Nagel          |                          |