[Debian-eeepc-devel] debian on 1005-HA H

Darren Salt linux at youmustbejoking.demon.co.uk
Wed Jul 15 23:04:58 UTC 2009

I demand that Laurent Lesage may or may not have written...

> following the suggestion of Ben Armstrong, I'll give some info on this
> subject and ... ask for some more!

> I tried to get it work but the problem seems to be that Ethernet and
> WIFI are again different from "older" models.

:-\

> I couldn't get it work with the specific nor the standard installer
> (from debian-eeepc). Neither are working (WIFI and ethernet).

> I finally found the 'debianEeepc Live' image for USB key and this time,
> WIFI is OK (using ath9k)
[snip]

Well, at least that much is known good...

> Unfortunately, the Ethernet card is not working, despite the 2.6.29 kernel.

$ lspci -nn | grep Ethernet

> One strange thing : I had to boot twice. The first boot hanged on some
> process, but the second was ok.

That's "hung". "Hanged" is with rope...

> Do you have any clue to make a fresh install with the 2.6.29 kernel? I
> tried the Debian "testing" but it seems that it uses a 2.6.26. May be I
> should try the "unstable"???

I see no reason not to mix them. "man apt_preferences" for more information.

[snip]
--
| Darren Salt            | linux at youmustbejoking | nr. Ashington, | Doon
| using Debian GNU/Linux | or ds    ,demon,co,uk    | Northumberland | Army
|   Kill all extremists!

Your code should be more efficient.