[Debian-eeepc-devel] Problems with screen turning off

Olof Johansson olof at ethup.se
Fri Jul 24 15:40:02 UTC 2009

Hi, thanks for your suggestions!

On 2009-07-14 22:07, Paul Menzel wrote:
> Can you log in from a different system, for example using ssh?
>
> sudo aptitude install screen
> screen # in session which blanks the screen, maybe even start mplayer\
> from it
> # Ctrl + a then d to detach
>
> # from another system log in over ssh and issue the following command\
> to resume
> screen -r

I'm sorry for the late reply, but I haven't had time to experiment
with this until now.

After 10 minutes the monitor dies. At this time, mplayer continues for
a few seconds but stopping. As suggested, I ran mplayer in screen.
Pressing ^C I get the following message:

        MPlayer interrupted by signal 2 in module: flip_page

The SSH connection I had open does not die, and I can start mplayer
again, but it freezes on

        X11 opening display: :0.0

(mplayer -v example.avi)

I also tried killing X (SIGTERM and SIGKILL), but with no effect. Logs
do not show anything related; the xorg log does not show timestamps but
I don't see anything that strikes me as odd (compared to another laptop)
(I can attach upon request).

--
Olof Johansson
∎ PGP: 0x7FC0FBBA