[Debian-eeepc-devel] Problems with screen turning off

Paul Menzel paulepanter at users.sourceforge.net
Sat Jul 25 07:10:30 UTC 2009

Am Freitag, den 24.07.2009, 17:40 +0200 schrieb Olof Johansson:
> On 2009-07-14 22:07, Paul Menzel wrote:
> > Can you log in from a different system, for example using ssh?
> >
> > sudo aptitude install screen
> > screen # in session which blanks the screen, maybe even start mplayer\

[…]

> After 10 minutes the monitor dies.

[…]

> I also tried killing X (SIGTERM and SIGKILL), but with no effect. Logs
> do not show anything related; the xorg log does not show timestamps but
> I don't see anything that strikes me as odd (compared to another laptop)

If you are using the intel driver, maybe you could run with ModeDebug(?)
enabled.

> (I can attach upon request).

I do not know what is going on and I am just stabbing in the dark. But
if the monitor turns black, maybe you can run xrandr before and after it
happens.

If this does not turn out to be of any help, I will suggest, that you
open an upstream bug report [1].

Bests and good luck,

Paul

[1] http://intellinuxgraphics.org/how_to_report_bug.html