[Debian-eeepc-devel] DebianEeePc support for Acer Aspire One?

Rui Maciel rui.maciel at gmail.com
Thu Mar 5 13:40:40 UTC 2009

On Monday 02 March 2009 16:07:59 Ben Armstrong wrote:
> Alas, it is not just the wifi card, etc. that we need to worry about.
> At least as important is the ACPI subsystem and I believe that is very
> Asus-eeepc-specific. ?So no, we don't support, nor plan to support, any
> systems other than the Asus Eee PC family (and that is a hard enough
> task as it is, given the wide variety of models available).

Damn. That's a shame.

> On the other hand, if you find enough like-minded people to get
> together and support the Aspire One or any other netbook for that
> matter, I'm sure you could count on us to cooperate on some level so we
> don't duplicate each other's efforts.

I wouldn't mind giving it a try, although I don't know much about the subject
and I wouldn't know where to start. I've looked into Debian Custom CD but I
wasn't able to make it work, as the info on Debian's wiki is rather scarce.

So, what's a good starting point for this project?

Rui Maciel