[Debian-eeepc-devel] Battery run time and charge

Michael Pobega pobega at gmail.com
Tue Mar 10 17:55:41 UTC 2009

On Tue, Mar 10, 2009 at 05:37:15PM +0000, zongo saiba wrote:
> Hi Guys,
> I installed Debian Lenny on my eeepc 900. Everything runs very well
> but I have noticed couple of slight problems.
>
> - I would say it takes about 5/6 hours for the red light to go off. Anyone
> could give me some hint on what I should be doing to shorten the charging
> time ?

Charge it while off, that should speed up the charge time.

> - When I start using it on battery, I get a decent time of around 2
> hours even-though the battery icon is giving a false estimate. I can
> live with that.

Yeah, the ACPI is broken on the 900.

> - What bothers me the most is that if I do not use my eeepc, I drain
> out the battery in about 2 days. The eeepc being completely off of
> course. Could anyone tell me what is going on and how could I fix that
> problem ?

That's a hardware problem, having to do with the motherboard and the
Celeron chip in the Eee. There's really no good fix for it, unless you
are willing to void your warranty.

--
		  http://pobega.wordpress.com
		    http://identica/pobega