[Debian-eeepc-devel] Problems with Linux 2.6.29 ?

Frédéric Boiteux fboiteux at calistel.com
Wed May 6 06:26:30 UTC 2009

	Hello,

  I'm using an Asus Eeepc 1002HA with a Debian system, the Lenny
distribution except for Linux kernel and eeepc-acpi-scripts from Sid. I
had to install a >=2.6.27 kernel version to have my wifi card usable
(managed by ath9k module), so I got 2.6.28 kernel from Debian and it
works well. Since 2.6.29 is out in Sid, I've tried it (especially to
have better rfkill support) but I get ramdom but recurrent problems
with it :
- graphical corruption on the screen
- suspend-to-ram fail to resume or with completely broken graphic modes
so it's unusable for now (I've tested until 2.6.29-4).

As all Eeepc are more or less the same hardware, I wonder if I've a
specific problem, or if somebody has same experience ?

--
Fred.