[Debian-eeepc-devel] Problems with Linux 2.6.29 ?

Ben Armstrong synrg at sanctuary.nslug.ns.ca
Wed May 6 10:13:43 UTC 2009

On Wed, 6 May 2009 08:26:30 +0200
Frédéric Boiteux <fboiteux at calistel.com> wrote:
>   I'm using an Asus Eeepc 1002HA with a Debian system, the Lenny
> distribution except for Linux kernel and eeepc-acpi-scripts from Sid. I
> had to install a >=2.6.27 kernel version to have my wifi card usable
> (managed by ath9k module), so I got 2.6.28 kernel from Debian and it
> works well.

Hm, I think we dropped support for 2.6.28 in eeepc-acpi-scripts since
that kernel is no longer in Debian.

> Since 2.6.29 is out in Sid, I've tried it (especially to
> have better rfkill support) but I get ramdom but recurrent problems
> with it :
> - graphical corruption on the screen
> - suspend-to-ram fail to resume or with completely broken graphic modes
> so it's unusable for now (I've tested until 2.6.29-4).
>
> As all Eeepc are more or less the same hardware, I wonder if I've a
> specific problem, or if somebody has same experience ?

No, I have not seen this on the model 701, nor the model 900.  Would
you mind trying the beta1 live image of lenny + 2.6.29 here and see if
you have the same problems?

http://wiki.debian.org/DebianEeePC/Live

 ,-.  nSLUG    http://www.nslug.ns.ca   synrg at sanctuary.nslug.ns.ca
 \`'  Debian   http://www.debian.org    synrg at debian.org