[Debian-eeepc-devel] Testers needed for rebuilt debian-eeepc.img

John jpinks at gmail.com
Mon May 25 11:55:15 UTC 2009

On 24/05/2009, Ben Armstrong <synrg at sanctuary.nslug.ns.ca> wrote:
> If you want to help test, I have rebuilt debian-eeepc.img with the
> correct archive key in it.  If you just want a working install and
> don't want to waste your time attempting an install that might fail,
> please just wait until we have uploaded a fully tested image.
>
> The test image and its md5sum are here:
>
> http://people.debian.org/~synrg/debian-eeepc/debian-eeepc.img
> http://people.debian.org/~synrg/debian-eeepc/debian-eeepc.img.md5
>
> I have started an install using this image in qemu, but it will take a
> while to finish. I need to head to bed shortly, so that's about all I
> have time I have for tonight.
>
> At least enough of my test virtual install is done for me to know that
> the problem with the archive key is gone.  However, there's no
> substitute for testing on the hardware itself.
>
> Thanks,
> Ben

Installing to a 2GBs USB stick.
 - grub has seen my existing install so I'm going with defaults -
-  failed with error "multiselect backup progresscancel align"
- continuing anyway - but it fails at "Finish the Installation"
 - tried to continue several times, but no good
-  I'll do another install from scratch to confirm.

more later

John