[Debian-eeepc-devel] 901 and 2.6.31

Darren Salt linux at youmustbejoking.demon.co.uk
Thu Nov 12 00:21:26 UTC 2009

I demand that Jean-Christophe Lacroix may or may not have written...

> ----- "Darren Salt" <linux at youmustbejoking.demon.co.uk> a écrit :
>> I demand that Jean-Christophe Lacroix may or may not have written...
[snip]
>>> - The Enhanced touchpad is still not recognized
> I succeeded getting the two-fingers tap to act as a third button by adding
> this fdi:

> <device>
>         <match key="info.product" string="ImPS/2 Logitech Wheel Mouse">
>         <merge key="input.x11_options.ButtonMapping" type="string">1 3 2 4 5 6 7</merge>

Both two- and three-finger taps should be working; with that configuration, a
three-finger tap is mapped (by X) to button 2.

>         <merge key="input.x11_options.XAxisMapping" type="string">6 7</merge>
>         <merge key="input.x11_options.YAxisMapping" type="string">4 5</merge>
>         </match>
> </device>
> but the X axis does not work.

The touchpad will present itself as either an ETPS/2 device or an ImPS/2
device. Your kernel doesn't have Elantech support compiled in, so it won't
test the touchpad for ETPS/2 support. Consequently, it detects the touchpad
as an ImPS/2 device.

ImPS/2 is limited to five buttons.

[snip]
--
| Darren Salt            | linux at youmustbejoking | nr. Ashington, | Doon
| using Debian GNU/Linux | or ds    ,demon,co,uk    | Northumberland | Army
| + http://www.youmustbejoking.demon.co.uk/ & http://tartarus.org/ds/

"Bother", said Pooh, as he failed the dope test.