[Debian-eeepc-devel] Squeeze release goals

Luca Niccoli lultimouomo at gmail.com
Sun Oct 11 17:41:40 UTC 2009

2009/10/10 Ben Armstrong <synrg at sanctuary.nslug.ns.ca>:

>  - one of the biggest blockers is rt2860 depends on non-free firmware
>  - we have talked to the rt2x00 folks and they are working on rt2860
> support, and have agreed in principle it could be made to work without
> the firmware

I don't see that happening before squeeze.
I don't think ATM rt2800pci is even usable, and it still uses the
ralink firmware.
So I'd rather see this as a Squeeze+1 goal.

>  - we also need a working atl1c driver for new models that use it

Which kernel will get in squeeze? I think the driver in 2.6.31 should work.

>  - in addition to the driver issue above, we need to resolve the
> conflict between acpi-support and eeepc-acpi-scripts for this to work

Couldn't we divert the needed files from acpi-support?
Cheers,

Luca