[Debian-eeepc-devel] Network on Eee 1101HA

Ben Armstrong synrg at sanctuary.nslug.ns.ca
Tue Sep 15 09:35:40 UTC 2009

On Tue, 15 Sep 2009 11:10:20 +0200
Eystein Bye <eysteinbye at gmail.com> wrote:
> I dont know if this is the right place to post this (so I apologize if Im
> wrong).

Yes, you have come to the right place.

> I have a Asus Eee 1101HA that I try to install DebianEee on.
> I use the debian-eeepc.img (16MB) net-installer, but the installer does not
> find any networking and can therefor not complete.

Right.  It uses atl1c for ethernet which is not supported until version
2.6.31 of the kernel, which was just released and is not yet in any
distro.

However, another user did get Debian working on this system earlier
this month.  See:

http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/debian-eeepc-devel/2009-September/002568.html

> What WiFi controller is in the 1101HA, and how do I get it working?
> Will it soon be included as supported model?
> http://wiki.debian.org/DebianEeePC/Models

Actually, if you use a recent snapshot of the Debian installer for
Squeeze, I believe it should support wifi in this system, as Juha
reported the 2.6.30 kernel supports it.

However, the biggest issue will be getting Xorg to work with this, as
there is no Poulsbo driver for Debian.  I have heard, however, that
there is an Ubuntu package of it and it can be made to work on Debian.
But really, Debian still needs a native solution for this.