[Debian-eeepc-devel] /etc/default/eeepc-acpi-scripts configuration

Trevor Chart trevor.chart at gmail.com
Sun Sep 20 04:08:39 UTC 2009

Hey all,

Roughly what would be required to split up OSD notification for
wireless, volume, and S. H. Engine the way screen brightness is split
out in the config file? I realize that the reason for splitting out
brightness is different (we don't,  to my knowledge, handle brightness),
but I've got a bit of an itch to split out S. H. Engine (I want that
notification but not everything else) and I figure once that's done the
rest shouldn't be much more difficult. Looking at the scripts that I
know use notify.sh as well as notify.sh itself, it looks as though the
cleanest way with the least potential for messing with current users'
setups would be to add separate entries in
/etc/default/eeepc-acpi-scripts for each function and wrap the calls to
notify.sh in if statements checking those entries. Is there anything
anyone can see against either the idea or the method (if there's a
better way, I'm all ears)? If not, I'll happily put a patch in to get
this out in the next version.

Trevor