[Debian-eeepc-devel] Wireless Toggle killed after Suspend to Disk

Alan Jenkins sourcejedi.lkml at googlemail.com
Sun Sep 20 09:11:00 UTC 2009

On 9/20/09, Peter Besenbruch <prb at lava.net> wrote:
> I am running an Asus EEEPC 1000HE. It uses Ralink wireless. When suspending
> RAM wireless comes back flawlessly on resume, and it toggles on, or off, as
> it should. On suspend to disk, the state of the wireless is frozen in the
> state it was in before suspend to disk. Pressing Fn-F2 does nothing.
> Running "/etc/acpi/actions/wireless.sh toggle" as root does work, but the
> Fn-F2 key remains disabled.
>
> I am running Lenny with a 2.6.26-2 kernel and I access suspend to disk
> through
> the Kpowersave package.

Hi!  Interesting, I haven't heard anything like this before.

My first comment is that this is a relatively old kernel.

eeepc-laptop has improved in the meantime (and so have a few related
things).  It may still be present in newer kernels, but I would be
very interested to hear your results on 2.6.31 (or the acpi-test tree
:-).  I think the latest kernel from debian unstable is 2.6.30 - that
would not be quite as interesting, but still very useful to confirm
with.

Anyway, here are some questions you can answer without install new kernels:

Do you remove the battery and AC power while hibernated?  I know that
has bad effects on the 701 hardware, although the symptoms are a bit
different.

What do you see if you run acpi_listen and press the wireless toggle
key twice?  Before hibernation you should see this -

hotkey ATKD 00000010 ...
hotkey ATKD 00000010 ...

but I expect something different happens after hibernation.

Can you please send the output of "acpidump"?  (You can install it
from the debian package of the same name.  Run it as root and redirect
the output to a file).

Thanks!
Alan