[Debian-eeepc-devel] /etc/default/eeepc-acpi-scripts configuration

Luca Niccoli lultimouomo at gmail.com
Sun Sep 20 19:46:03 UTC 2009

2009/9/20 Ben Armstrong <synrg at sanctuary.nslug.ns.ca>:

> minimal system (i.e. not depending on GNOME/KDE infrastructure).  Until
> a viable alternative appears, we do the minimum necessary to fill that
> void.  I would rather we not layer on more complexity here but keep the

How about sending dbus messages for a notification daemon?
Using dbus-send, while a bit hacky, would just mean to suggest: dbus
and notification-daemon (which is provided by various packages).
What I like of this approach is that it keeps OSD-style notifications
well integrated in the user environment, and put them in a consistent
style.
Cheers,

Luca