[Debian-eeepc-devel] WLAN toggle fix for 900A - how to submit a patch

Paul Menzel paulepanter at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Sep 23 11:34:50 UTC 2009

Dear Andreas,

Am Mittwoch, den 23.09.2009, 11:56 +0200 schrieb Andreas Schreiner:

[…]

> Since I have never submitted a patch to any project before I'd like to
> get some advice on how to continue.

Thanks for your work.

>  From what I have seen here, I suppose it is just fine to submit a
> diff to this very list - is it? What eeepc-acpi-scripts version should
> I use for the diff? The current 1.1.2 version or rather the latest
> version in git.

As far as I can remember most patches were sent against the Git HEAD.

> I never used git before but I think I will be able to
> figure out that much at least.

$ git clone URL # get the code
$ vim /path/to/file # make your changes with your editor
$ # Please also make a change to the changelog-file [1].
$ git commit -a # commit the result
$ git format-patch -n1 # If not try git help format-patch
$ # send the mail

> I also have a more specific quesition about the diff. Are there any
> commandline options required go tet a usuabe result? What to use best?

I do not think so.

Please do not forget a changelog entry.

I hope that works. Thanks,

Paul