[Debian-eeepc-devel] SHE over/underclocking on demand (not on AC)

Trent W. Buck twb at cybersource.com.au
Tue Apr 6 11:15:30 UTC 2010

SHE is an over/underclocking mechanism in recent Eee PCs.  Out of the
box, eeepc-acpi-scripts supports an SHE mode "automatic", which will
underclock when on battery and overclock when on AC.

It seems to me that it'd be preferable to underclock on low loads and
overclock on high loads.  That is, the same behaviour as the "ondemand"
and "conservative" governors provide for cpufreq P-states.

Is this possible (without resorting to a userspace daemon)?
If not, where should I file the wishlist bug?