[Debian-eeepc-devel] laptop-mode-tools or eeepc-acpi-scripts or the both ?

Trent W. Buck trentbuck at gmail.com
Wed Apr 7 10:00:34 UTC 2010

giggzounet <giggzounet at gmail.com> writes:

> So is there someone, who is experimenting problems with the both
> installed on a system ? Could laptop-mode-tools bring something for an
> eeepc ?

When I first got my 701, I investigated laptop-mode-tools and friends.
I concluded that it's mainly useful for systems with HDDs (not SSDs).

It's also useful if you don't care about power/thermal efficiency while
AC is connected.  I prefer to simply set everything to "idle until
needed" permanently, for which sysfsutils suffices.