[Debian-eeepc-devel] laptop-mode-tools or eeepc-acpi-scripts or the both ?

giggzounet giggzounet at gmail.com
Wed Apr 7 10:24:33 UTC 2010

2010/4/7 Trent W. Buck <trentbuck at gmail.com>

> giggzounet <giggzounet at gmail.com> writes:
>
> > So is there someone, who is experimenting problems with the both
> > installed on a system ? Could laptop-mode-tools bring something for an
> > eeepc ?
>
> When I first got my 701, I investigated laptop-mode-tools and friends.
> I concluded that it's mainly useful for systems with HDDs (not SSDs).
>
> It's also useful if you don't care about power/thermal efficiency while
> AC is connected.  I prefer to simply set everything to "idle until
> needed" permanently, for which sysfsutils suffices.

I'm using now laptop-mode-tools with the eeepc scripts. It works great!
really great.

The laptop-mode-tools has a lot of great modules now. with the 1201n and the
atom 330 I get between 4 or 5 hours on battery, which is good with this
eeepc. A usefull thing with laptop-mode-tools is the usb-suspend mode on
battery and to deactivate it on AC. The control of the DPMS is usefull too.
on AC it is not really nice when the screen goes black after one minute.
It's the same with the sound module and his powersaving mode. And
laptop-mode-tools allow to automatically modify the value of hdparm -B which
is really great with HDD ( as you say ).

Bye