[Debian-eeepc-devel] how hot is hot? (no more fan)

jidanni at jidanni.org jidanni at jidanni.org
Fri Apr 9 04:24:12 UTC 2010

DI> Maybe pwmconfig (fancontrol package) works on your model?
Yes, I have now installed fancontrol and it works perfectly.
The fan is full speed from powerup until fancontrol takes over.
And also it is full speed after fancontrol exits just before halt.

However, as I noted in "Is my temperature really zero degrees C?"
fancontrol assumes that the temperature is 0 degrees C, as I cannot find
any /sys/* file that will say what the real temperature is.

Indeed, a few days ago when I ran the battery into the ground, I could
get a temperature reading. But now with the battery all charged up here
on my 8G 702 EEEPC, I cannot find any /sys file that will tell me the
actual temperature.