[Debian-eeepc-devel] [patch] proposal: /etc/acpi/lib/notify.sh

Trent W. Buck twb at cybersource.com.au
Tue Apr 13 02:20:00 UTC 2010

Santi Béjar <santi at agolina.net> writes:

> Do one thing in each patch, so the reviewer/maintainer can apply/drop
> them individually and it is easier to comment/review.

+1.

I assume that eeepc-acpi-scripts is maintained maintained under version
control (there's no VCS headers in its control file, so I'm not sure).
Investing a little time in finding the repo and creating a VCS-wise
patch usually makes things easier for the review team to accept patches.

> Send it in-line so we can easily comment your changes.

For me, attachments with the appropriate (i.e. text/*) MIME type will
work better than pasting it into an un-MIMEd body[0].  Obviously your
mileage varies :-)

[0] not the same as a MIME part of inline disposition.

> Provide a changelog (and changes to debian/changelog). I see it is
> just a proposal, but still it is better if you explain why this
> changes are good (even if you already wrote them in another mail)

+1.