[Debian-eeepc-devel] pm-powersave false on ACPI AC event

Damyan Ivanov dmn at debian.org
Mon Apr 19 11:31:12 UTC 2010

-=| Trent W. Buck, Mon, Apr 19, 2010 at 09:05:15PM +1000 |=-
> eeepc-acpi-scripts uses pm-utils extensively, but AFAICT it ignores
> pm-powersave.  It occurs to me that it might be useful to invoke
> "pm-powersave false" when AC is connected, and "pm-powersave true" when
> it is connected.

This sounds like a general problem with laptops, not specific to Eee.
Maybe thos functionality is already provided by laptop-mode-tools or
similar packages?

> Rationale: by default, anacron runs at boot *iff* AC is connected, and
> at 7:30AM *iff* AC is connected.  If one normally boots from battery and
> then later connects AC when the battery runs low, and the machine is
> turned off overnight, it's conceivable that anacron might NEVER run.
>
> This behaviour would be in line with the default SHE behaviour, which
> overclocks/underclocks when AC is connected/disconnected.

I agree with this. Still, I thing the implementation belongs outside
of eeepc-acpi-scripts.