[Debian-eeepc-devel] pm-powersave false on ACPI AC event

Trent W. Buck twb at cybersource.com.au
Mon Apr 19 11:05:15 UTC 2010

eeepc-acpi-scripts uses pm-utils extensively, but AFAICT it ignores
pm-powersave.  It occurs to me that it might be useful to invoke
"pm-powersave false" when AC is connected, and "pm-powersave true" when
it is connected.

Rationale: by default, anacron runs at boot *iff* AC is connected, and
at 7:30AM *iff* AC is connected.  If one normally boots from battery and
then later connects AC when the battery runs low, and the machine is
turned off overnight, it's conceivable that anacron might NEVER run.

This behaviour would be in line with the default SHE behaviour, which
overclocks/underclocks when AC is connected/disconnected.

Implementation: the following works for me.