[Debian-eeepc-devel] Acpi hotket/button events

Luca Niccoli lultimouomo at gmail.com
Fri Apr 23 17:28:04 UTC 2010

On 22 April 2010 18:35, Darren Salt <linux at youmustbejoking.demon.co.uk> wrote:

> It's what needed to be done at the time to get these working. IIRC, it
> depended on whether you were installing a squeeze or sid kernel or building
> your own.
>
>> Are there models that generate only button events?
>
> Not of which I'm aware. (I get both, even for buttons 3 and 4.)
>
> Anyway, any removal of handling of hotkey events is, I think, best not done
> before squeeze is released (consider those who want to use lenny+backports),
> though I see no reason not to do this on a branch now.

The idea was, on the contrary, to remove handling of button events,
since these are not always present and will disappear after squeeze.
It could be (I'm not sure) that the kernel in lenny does not generate
hotkey events, only button ones.
But does that old kernel really support EeePCs?
I think most wireless cards and some network ones aren't supported
anyway, so lenny users would use a backported kernel as well.

Cheers,

Luca