[Debian-eeepc-devel] 1201n : Bug in eeepc-script ? at boot on automatic, I'm always in standard mode

Trent W. Buck twb at cybersource.com.au
Tue Apr 27 12:36:31 UTC 2010

giggzounet <giggzounet at gmail.com> writes:

> I have configured eeepc-script to work in automatic mode. But after
> the boot I'm always in standard mode (on AC I'm not in performance
> mode, on battery I'm not in powersaving mode). I have to plug or
> unplugged the AC to change the mode (or to use fn+space). Is it a
> known bug ? or a limitation ?

I cannot reproduce this behaviour on 1005P.  Hit Fn+SPC until you see
"S.H. Engine: auto" and /var/lib/eeepc-acpi-scripts/cpufv contains the
string "auto".  Reboot.  Does the problem persist?

When I boot, I see:

    Tue Apr 27 15:21:02 2010: Setting super hybrid engine according to
    configuration...(battery)...done.

If this flashes past before you can read it, put BOOTLOGD_ENABLE=Yes in
/etc/default/bootlogd, reboot, then check /var/log/boot.