[Debian-eeepc-devel] squeeze: problem with cpufreq's governors

Johan Haggi jh at orsobruno.net
Mon Aug 30 07:10:35 UTC 2010

Please update the page on wiki:
http://wiki.debian.org/DebianEeePC/HowTo/Upgrade#Linuxkernel

I have a eeepc 701 and after upgrade to squeeze (kernel 2.6.32-5-686) the
only governor for cpufreq are performance and powersave, it is impossible
to use ondemand & conservative.

Search on google give me the answer that the problem is in the switch from
.29 to .30 and that "the kernel was wrong to permit on-demand frequency
scaling before" with the module p4-clockmod (see
http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=536183 for other info).

I am not subscribed to this list, please CC me.
Sorry for my bad and unpolite English.
--
Ave       Johan Haggi