[Debian-eeepc-devel] update issues with mouse on 900

Vic Lee llyzs at 163.com
Mon Feb 1 13:13:44 UTC 2010

Hi,

On Mon, 2010-02-01 at 09:13 +0000, Dick Middleton wrote:
> Hi,
>
> 	After quite a while of faultless working on my eee 900 I decided an
> update would be a good idea.  I use squeeze. I now have a couple of
> problems with mouse:
>
> Trackpad:  tap no longer works.  pointer is OK and scrolling gesture
> works but tapping does nothing.  Is this a known problem?
It's not a problem, but it took me some minutes to figure out. Go to
System -> Preferences -> Mouse, then turn on the option (it's just off
by default). There are some more than I expected, for example,
horizontal double-finger scrolling now works in my 901.

> USB power saving seems to be enabled now and this causes havoc with
> wireless mouse as remote-wakeup is obviously not possible.  If I disable
> usb power saving it works fine.  What is the best way to configure usb
> power saving?  Is it sensible to do it with udev for a specific device?
>   Is there a better way?  Can it be disabled at boot?
I have no idea about this one, but I am using bluetooth mouse and it
just works fine as it used to be.