[Debian-eeepc-devel] how to read this EEEPC group without all the spam?

Damyan Ivanov dmn at debian.org
Wed Feb 3 13:11:23 UTC 2010

-=| Ben Armstrong, Wed, Feb 03, 2010 at 08:42:51AM -0400 |=-
> On Sun, 31 Jan 2010 09:11:32 +0200
> Damyan Ivanov <dmn at debian.org> wrote:
> > Or
> > (that is, everything from 2.0 up)
>
> OK.  So what about the actions to attach to each?  Currently I have
> spam divided into two categories, those which we're sure are spam and
> those which we aren't:
>
> Defer: ^X-Spam-Flag: YES
> Hold:  ^X-Spam-Level: \*\*

From the mailman help:

  Use Defer to temporarily disable a rule.

(iow, it defers the desision to later rules)

> Am I imagining it or does Defer not send notification to the user
> whereas Hold does?

Hold and Reject notify the sender, Discard just drops the mail without
telling anyone

> If there are never any false positives with X-Spam-Flag: YES, I may
> later set that to Discard to ease the administrative burden.

Or 'Reject', which would inform legitimate senders there is a problem
(and the could tell us).

So 'Hold' for 'probably spam' and Discard/Reject for 'surely spam'