[Debian-eeepc-devel] 1201N : Pb BIOS settings get reset after reboot from Linux on Battery -> just 768Mb available of RAM

giggzounet giggzounet at gmail.com
Thu Feb 11 21:23:59 UTC 2010

Hi,

I don't think it's debian related...but I don't think to be alone to
have this problem :

On my eeepc 1201N, I have 2Gb of RAM. ION takes 256Mb so I get 1.75Gb of
RAM available. I'm in dual boot W7/ Debian lenny+backports.

-I'm on power supply. I turn on the computer go to the bios. save and
exit. Then boot under window7. I get all the RAM (1.75Gb). Then reboot.
no problem with or without the bootbooster. I can boot under w7 or linux
I get all my RAM.

-Now I boot under w7. Then unplug the power supply. So I'm on battery. I
reboot. no Problem with or without the bootbooster I can boot under w7
or linux I get all the RAM

- I plug the power supply. Now I boot under Linux. I can reboot 10 times
without problems (WITH AC). I get always 1.75RAM after reboot.

- Now I boot under linux with a clean configuration. I mean 1.75Gb of
RAM. I unplug the AC. I'm on battery. I reboot and all the BIOS settings
are reset...and I get just 768Mb of RAM. it's 100% reproducible on my
eeepc 1201N.

So it is not a problem with the bootbooster because all the settings of
the BIOS are reset...so I can disabled the bootbooster...when I'm on
battery under linux...bootbooster is enabled at the next reboot...

I have tested with the 2.6.30 from lenny backports. 2.6.32 from sid and
2.6.33-rc self-compiled. The problem is 100% reproducible.

Are there others 1201N users on the list ? if you don't have this
problem, please tell me wich bios version you have (I have v318).

Thx a lot
Best regards,
Guillaume