[Debian-eeepc-devel] saving battery

Daniel Dalton d.dalton at iinet.net.au
Sat Feb 13 12:40:52 UTC 2010

Hi,

I'm trying to get as much battery life out of my eeepc as possible. It's
really good, I can currently get about 5 hours or just over on my
1008ha. I've turned off bluetooth, wireless and the screen as I'm
blind.
I have also enabled laptop-mode from the debian package
laptop-mode-tools.

What else can I do to save battery? I read somewhere I can throttle down
the cpu speed when necessary? Or is this a dangerous procedure? Also is
it possible to turn off power to the ethernet port as I rarely use
this...

Or is what I'm doing now about the best you can do? I'm very happy with
it, but of course if I can increase it by half an hour or so I
definitely will. Mainly I'm just using it for taking down notes, and
every now and then connect to the wifi...

Thanks for any suggestions
Dan