[Debian-eeepc-devel] saving battery

Robert Epprecht epprecht at solnet.ch
Sat Feb 13 16:03:37 UTC 2010

Darren Salt <linux at youmustbejoking.demon.co.uk> writes:
> I demand that Daniel Dalton may or may not have written...

>> What else can I do to save battery? I read somewhere I can throttle down
>> the cpu speed when necessary? Or is this a dangerous procedure?

I have installed cpufrequtils to do this. It did not need any configuration
as the default is 'ondemand' which was the right thing for me. Works well.
Run cpufreq-info to see what it does.

> eeepc-acpi-scripts has code to do this. Since 1.1.3, it'll default to
> "automatic" at boot (if previously unconfigured); 1.1.6 and later allow user
> of the S.H.E. control key (either Fn-Space or a separate button).
>
> You can force default settings by deleting /var/lib/eeepc-acpi-scripts/cpufv.

I don't know what's the difference between using cpufrequtils and the S.H.E.
Can somebody explain?

Robert Epprecht