[Debian-eeepc-devel] saving battery

Daniel Dalton d.dalton at iinet.net.au
Sun Feb 14 01:19:17 UTC 2010

On Sat, Feb 13, 2010 at 05:03:37PM +0100, Robert Epprecht wrote:
> I have installed cpufrequtils to do this. It did not need any configuration
> as the default is 'ondemand' which was the right thing for me. Works well.
> Run cpufreq-info to see what it does.

Looks like it is working for me too. I get this when running
cpufreq-info, does this mean my processor will never be scaled under
1,000 mhz no matter the task? If so, why does it not go under 1,000 mhz?
Here is one of the lines I see from cpufreq-info:
 current policy: frequency should be within 1000 MHz and 1.67 GHz.
                  The governor "ondemand" may decide which speed to use
                  within this range.

Does this mean it is set to on demmand?

Thanks,
Dan