[Debian-eeepc-devel] RE : Changed boot graphics resolution due to KMS (was: Just a simple question)

Xavier Maillard xavier at maillard.im
Sun Feb 21 16:57:12 UTC 2010

Hi,

I got the same thing here and now my resume process end with a black screen.

Le 21 févr. 2010 17:13, "Paul Menzel" <paulepanter at users.sourceforge.net> a
écrit :

Dear Hans,

Am Sonntag, den 21.02.2010, 16:54 +0100 schrieb Hans-J. Ullrich:
> suddenly at boot sequence my eeepc 1005 HA is starting in 800x600 mode,
> although I did not add any params like vga=791 or similar to grub.
>
> Besides it is ok that way, just a question: When and how did you this
change
> this??? I just would like to know, what happened.

I guess KMS (kernel mode setting) got somehow enabled on your system.
But without knowing what packages got upgraded I cannot say more.

[…]

Thanks,

Paul