[Debian-eeepc-devel] black screen after suspend (was: Changed boot graphics resolution due to KMS)

Paul Menzel paulepanter at users.sourceforge.net
Sun Feb 21 17:14:14 UTC 2010

Dear Xavier,

Am Sonntag, den 21.02.2010, 17:57 +0100 schrieb Xavier Maillard:
> > Le 21 févr. 2010 17:13, "Paul Menzel" <paulepanter at users.sourceforge.net> a écrit :
> > Am Sonntag, den 21.02.2010, 16:54 +0100 schrieb Hans-J. Ullrich:
> > > suddenly at boot sequence my eeepc 1005 HA is starting in 800x600 mode,
> > > although I did not add any params like vga=791 or similar to grub.
> > >
> > > Besides it is ok that way, just a question: When and how did you this change
> > > this??? I just would like to know, what happened.
> >
> > I guess KMS (kernel mode setting) got somehow enabled on your system.
> > But without knowing what packages got upgraded I cannot say more.
> >
> > […]
>
> I got the same thing here and now my resume process end with a black
> screen.

I am pretty sure that is unrelated. I know that pm-utils has been
upgraded recently in Debian Sid/unstable.

But again, without knowing what versions you have installed and what
model you use nobody can help you.

Thanks,

Paul

PS: Please respect the people wanting to help you in their spare time by
complying to the netiquette (inline-quoting, use a mail client (MUA)
confirming to standards (for example setting »References:« header
field)) and to provide as much as information in a nicely presented way.