[Debian-eeepc-devel] Changed boot graphics resolution due to KMS

David L. Johnson david.johnson at Lehigh.EDU
Sun Feb 21 23:23:54 UTC 2010

Santi Béjar wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 21, 2010 at 5:09 PM, Paul Menzel
> <paulepanter at users.sourceforge.net> wrote:
>> Dear Hans,
>>

>> Am Sonntag, den 21.02.2010, 16:54 +0100 schrieb Hans-J. Ullrich:
>>> suddenly at boot sequence my eeepc 1005 HA is starting in 800x600 mode,
>>> although I did not add any params like vga=791 or similar to grub.
>>>
>>> Besides it is ok that way, just a question: When and how did you this change
>>> this??? I just would like to know, what happened.
>> I guess KMS (kernel mode setting) got somehow enabled on your system.
>> But without knowing what packages got upgraded I cannot say more.
>>

> I guess it is xserver-xorg-video-intel:
>
> $ cat /etc/modprobe.d/i915-kms.conf
> options i915 modeset=1

I have this problem on my desktop machine, and it's annoying for me
since it also puts the text too far to the left, so the first few
characters of each line are not visible.  On my eeepc the only thing
that happens along those lines is that the font changes, but the mode of
the screen does not seem to change.

At any rate, changing that file to  ...=0  does nothing.

--

David L. Johnson

I believe that the motion picture is destined to revolutionize our
educational system and that in a few years it will supplant largely,
if not entirely, the use of textbooks
		-- Thomas Edison, 1922