[Debian-eeepc-devel] another prerelease eeepc-live image ready for testing

Frédéric Boiteux fboiteux at calistel.com
Tue Jan 5 12:02:26 UTC 2010

Le Fri, 01 Jan 2010 00:04:24 -0400,
Ben Armstrong <synrg at sanctuary.nslug.ns.ca> a écrit :

> On Thu, 31 Dec 2009 23:49:47 -0400
> Ben Armstrong <synrg at sanctuary.nslug.ns.ca> wrote:
> > Another prerelease of eeepc-live 1.0~b3 is ready for testing.
> > Please test as per:
> >
> > http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/debian-eeepc-devel/2009-December/002987.html
> >
> > Please also note that I've made a few changes to the UsersGuide.

	Hello,

  I've tested your new image, and things are better on my eeepc 1002HA :

- the eeepc-laptop loads correct, thanks to osi_acpi=Linux kernel option

- the keyboard layout parameters from my specific kernel cmd line are
now taken in account, perhaps you update your debian-live tools ?

- I've noted that you updated the kernel to 2.6.32, and that with that,
I always has access to consoles, whereas using my own Squeeze setup +
2.6.32 leads me to be hit by a bug like
http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=509271, don't having
access to virtual consoles anymore once Xorg started ! I think main
difference is that your system doesn't use KMS, and would try mine
without KMS when I'll find how to enable/disable KMS from the kernel
cmd line.

- more important, I found that with your system, using 'acpi_listen', I
get events with the 2 special keys which remain silent on my system :
Fn-F7 (blank screen icon) gives :
ASUS010:00 00000016 0000001
and my specific SHE key gives :
ASUS010:00 00000039 0000001

  I don't understand which can do the difference, but your
eeepc live systeme is definitely interesting !! :-)

	Fred.