[Debian-eeepc-devel] another prerelease eeepc-live image ready for testing

Ben Armstrong synrg at sanctuary.nslug.ns.ca
Tue Jan 5 12:13:17 UTC 2010

On Tue, 5 Jan 2010 13:02:26 +0100
Frédéric Boiteux <fboiteux at calistel.com> wrote:
>   I've tested your new image, and things are better on my eeepc 1002HA :

Thanks for testing, and for your valuable feedback.

> - the eeepc-laptop loads correct, thanks to osi_acpi=Linux kernel option

Good.

> - the keyboard layout parameters from my specific kernel cmd line are
> now taken in account, perhaps you update your debian-live tools ?

Yes.  I had to backport a patch from git, apply it against the last
release of live-helper, and then make some fixes to it, (which I have
already sent upstream,) so it should be fixed in the next release of
live-helper.

> - I've noted that you updated the kernel to 2.6.32, and that with that,
> I always has access to consoles, whereas using my own Squeeze setup +
> 2.6.32 leads me to be hit by a bug like
> http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=509271, don't having
> access to virtual consoles anymore once Xorg started ! I think main
> difference is that your system doesn't use KMS, and would try mine
> without KMS when I'll find how to enable/disable KMS from the kernel
> cmd line.

I tried KMS myself, and had several issues with it on the model 4G, so I
have stopped using it until it stabilises some more.

> - more important, I found that with your system, using 'acpi_listen', I
> get events with the 2 special keys which remain silent on my system :
> Fn-F7 (blank screen icon) gives :
> ASUS010:00 00000016 0000001
> and my specific SHE key gives :
> ASUS010:00 00000039 0000001

And yet you have the same version of the kernel and same version of
acpid?  How strange ...

>   I don't understand which can do the difference, but your
> eeepc live systeme is definitely interesting !! :-)

I don't understand it either.  If you want to browse through the
eeepc-live source, maybe you can spot something:

http://git.debian.org/?p=debian-eeepc/eeepc-live.git;a=summary

 ,-.  nSLUG    http://www.nslug.ns.ca   synrg at sanctuary.nslug.ns.ca
 \`'  Debian   http://www.debian.org    synrg at debian.org