[Debian-eeepc-devel] 1201N : touchpad doesn't work with two finger scrolling unter Lenny

Darren Salt linux at youmustbejoking.demon.co.uk
Mon Jan 18 15:35:44 UTC 2010

I demand that giggzounet may or may not have written...

> I have read a few pages on elantech touchpad...How can I know, if the 1201N
> has or hasn't an elantech touchpad ?

In the same way as for others; enough information is given on
http://wiki.debian.org/DebianEeePC/HowTo/ElantechTouchpad .

Specifically: if you have kernel 2.6.32-4 (or later), make sure that you're
using that kernel, then install input-utils then run (as root):
  lsinput 2>&1 | grep Elantech

If a known & supported Elantech touchpad is present and recognised, you'll
see output looking like this:
     name    : "ETPS/2 Elantech Touchpad"

--
| Darren Salt            | linux at youmustbejoking | nr. Ashington, | Doon
| using Debian GNU/Linux | or ds    ,demon,co,uk    | Northumberland | Army
| + http://www.xine-project.org/

Right... now where's that coffee...