[Debian-eeepc-devel] 1201N and lenny

giggzounet giggzounet at gmail.com
Sat Jan 30 09:58:02 UTC 2010

Hi,

Just a mail to do a resume of what works with lenny and a 1201n :

so I have installed lenny CD1 with a USB stick. Then add the backports
and the unstable repositories. I have purged the kernel 2.6.26 from
Lenny, because it was too old : no ethernet driver and no eeepc module.
So I'm running with the 2.6.30 from backports. There is a big bug in
this kernel for the ethernet driver atl1c (when we plug/unplug the cable
the computer freezes totally. this issue is solved in 2.6.33). Today I
installed the eeepc-acpi-scripts from unstable. after a reboot it works
well :
I can modify the brightness with f5/f6
I can modify the touchpad with f9 and the special button
the f10/f11/f12 sound buttons work well too.
the special SHE engine works well too.

I don't test suspend. wifi (no driver in kernel) and vga output.

2 things :
- why can't we use libnotify-bin (notify-send) to show the notifications ?

- why does the brightness not change when I plug/unplug the AC adapter ?
Is there an option to change in /etc/default/ ?

Thx a lot for the acpi scripts!
Have a nice day
Guillaume