[Debian-eeepc-devel] eeepc-acpi-scripts integration: please test

Luca Niccoli lultimouomo at gmail.com
Mon Jul 12 09:00:11 UTC 2010

#581312 has been fixed by a new version of acpi-support (together with
a very nasty bug that had been hidden by a broken acpi_fakekey)

This are the things I think still need to be done, I would appreciate
other suggestions!
- Kill the OSD (I'll do this in the next few days)

- Depend on a recent kernel:
 actually, depending on linux-image >= 2.6.32 it's not error-proof,
since an older kernel could still be installed and used. Moreover, it
would force people using self-compiled kernels to install also the
official image, which could be an hassle for models with small SSD.
Maybe we could recommend it? Or just document it in NEWS.Debian.gz?

- Document prominently that closing the lid only locks the screen
(I'll start preparing NEWS.Debian.gz)

- Maybe see if acpi-support would be available to support the
suspend-on-lid behaviour (opt-in)

- See if the mixer stuff can be generalized and moved to acpi-support
(not a blocker, but would be nice)

Cheers,

Luca