[Debian-eeepc-devel] eeepc-acpi-scripts integration: please test

Luca Niccoli lultimouomo at gmail.com
Mon Jul 12 09:34:10 UTC 2010

On 12 July 2010 11:00, Luca Niccoli <lultimouomo at gmail.com> wrote:

> - Kill the OSD (I'll do this in the next few days)

Actually, there are some things for which I feel the OSD is really
useful, e.g. SHE.
There's no other feedback to it, and to check the status you have to
go see the content of two different files, which is kind of
inconvenient.
The same goes for gsm, camera and bluetooth toggling
It should be pretty trivial to implement notifications via libnotify
for them (as opposed to brightness and volume, which need quick
refreshing which is non achievable with notify-send).
This would better integrate notifications with the graphic environment
and let us drop the aosd-cat and co.

Cheers,

Luca