[Debian-eeepc-devel] Scrolling using the keypad

Ben Armstrong synrg at sanctuary.nslug.ns.ca
Tue Jun 1 15:24:25 UTC 2010

On 06/01/2010 11:49 AM, Merciadri Luca wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I do not have a material way to scroll (i.e. a roulette to scroll) on my
> Asus EEE 1000 HE, but I would like to be able to scroll in PDFs, web
> pages, etc., using the keypad. It is possible with most laptops. Is it
> driverly-possible with my EEE pc?

If by 'keypad' you really mean 'touchpad', yes:

synclient VertEdgeScroll=1

then move your finger up and down along the right edge of the touchpad
to scroll.  Similarly, for horizontal scrolling:

synclient HorizEdgeScroll=1

see also http://wiki.debian.org/SynapticsTouchpad and the 'synaptics'
man page.