[Debian-eeepc-devel] eeepc-acpi-scripts integration: please test

Ben Armstrong synrg at sanctuary.nslug.ns.ca
Fri Jun 11 12:51:19 UTC 2010

On 05/11/2010 08:47 PM, Luca Niccoli wrote:
> Hi, in my branch of eeepc-acpi-scripts at
> git://github.com/lultimouomo/eeepc-acpi-scripts.git I have reached the
> point where I can install the new version of e-a-s so that it removes
> the old one, and install acpi-support as a dependency.

The trail is now cold on this discussion.  Are we close yet to being
able to merge this branch?  I consider it quite important to finish it
in order to reach our "just works" goal.

Recently I have been playing with debian-live + live-installer using the
standard 'lxde' package list (still some glitches to resolve, not ready
yet for testing).  Soon, all official debian-live images will include
the installer by default.  I would like to be able to recommend this to
all people wishing to install debian on their eeepc's, but to be able to
do this, we would need eeepc-acpi-scripts to be included by default, and
that's not going to happen without removing the conflict with acpi-support.